Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Let's Chat! with Simon Archibald

Welcome to our blog again, dear readers! In the spirit of sharing we have decided that it's imperative you know more about us, J. Rose and Simon. So, the reporter in J. Rose sat down with Simon and had a little chat. 

Ok, it was email. Sue us. 

J. Rose: Tell us about yourself?
Simon: I make mostly chicken barley or pork neck lentil soup.

J. RoseHow did you meet me? 
Simon:In the Kearny high cafeteria they had these amazing chocolate chip cookies that would be sitting all warm and melty on a tray. On many a cold day the children of school would skip lunch altogether and instead just grab 3 cookies and eat them in the hallways.

J. RoseHow did you come up with the Apathetic Avengers? 
Simon: “Come up?” What are you implying? These are important historical documents!

J. RoseWho is your favorite author? Why? 
Simon: Not a fair question and you know it.


J. RoseWho is your favorite Apathetic Avenger? Why?
Simon: Rachel Rae Hingis is funny, dangerous and my top pick in a conquer "alien civilization landing party" draft.

J. RoseWhy do you enjoy writing?
Simon: I can wear whatever pants I want while I do it. 
J. Rose: That was such a guy answer. 

J. Rose: What is your quest? 
Simon: I am currently scouring the earth for a copy of the After Hours score.

J. Rose: Do you have any works that you're planning to publish solo? 
Simon: No, but my good friend Aurora Zahni has a few things up her sleeve.

J. Rose: After you finish faction, do you forsee another collaboration with me, J. Rose?
Simon: Just about every single casual comment I make to you leads to notes for another project. You can try to run, try to hide, but the story traps have all been set. No escape.      
              FX: the sound of rattling chains can be heard... 

J. Rose: What is the air speed velocity of a coconut-laden swallow? 
Simon: 47 x 3.

I can't make this stuff up, people. I don't have to. You can see it right here on your screen. Have you ever tried to work with someone who can turn an off-the-cuff phrase like, "I don't think aliens drink milk" into a complex, mind-altering story? It's like working with a chipmunk or squirrel. He never shuts off. The notes we have.

My, God. The notes. 

Up next, Mr. Archibald interviews me. Yup. 

Meanwhile-- Take a look! 


No comments:

Post a Comment