Sunday, February 10, 2013

Review This!

There is only one thing that helps a book move along in its shelf life and that is THE REVIEW. 

We need your help.

We have a marvelous review on Amazon, and a nice one BN-- thank you both -- but we need more. We understand that this may not be your kind of story; totally cool. But we would love you forever if you could review the book, or at the very least, give us a star rating. 

A review gives a quick rundown on our style, our characterization, our story arc. We're not asking you to be lit majors on this- did we manage to keep Rachel 'rachel-like' all the way through the story. Do our characters grow and change? Do the various parts of the story come to a logical conclusion, or follow a logical thought. 

If you choose to only rate us on the star system-- please judge us by our writing and not our story. 

What the heck do I mean? Well, here's an example. I absolutely hate the movie "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas". I don't enjoy the story, I don't like the story arc. I don't like the graphic nature of some of things that go on. Just not my bag, man. But. If you ask me to judge the film for more than its story- the fine points of movie making -- it's a good movie. Nice cinematography, good acting, story arc follows itself. Consistency of characters. Soundtrack. All are good. If I were to rate the movie on those alone, I would give it 3.5/5. It's not ground breaking, but it's not like I'm trying to watch "2-Headed Shark Attack". 

We appreciate honesty: if you we shouldn't give up our day jobs, tell us. 

Pop over. 



Just drop us a few stars and a quick line.

Spoiler: We have a TREAT for you coming soon. Like within 24 hours soon! Get ready!

See? We love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment